AUTOMATIC TRAIN WASHING MACHINE

The automatic train washing machine will be used to:

  • wash the exterior of the units by means of stationary automated washing equipment,
  • wash the exterior of the units manually.

The exterior of the unit will be washed when the unit passes through the plant at approx. 3 km/h ("wash speed").

The wash plant will be equipped with brushes to wash the unit's sides (including roof edges), its front and rear.

The wash plant will have a total length of approx. 250 m and will comprise:

  • stationary washing equipment,
  • a manual wash station.

To reduce water consumption, the wash plant will partially operate within a closed circuit.

The washing machine will also include a water recovery system. Approximately 65% of the water will be recovered; the remaining 35% will be directed to the sewing system.